Student, Staff and Faculty appeals must be made within 14 days of receiving the citation, all appeals are managed by the Dean of Student's Appeals Board. Visitors can appeal in person at the Parking and Transit Service's office located in the Roberts Building.
If you have a question or issue regarding a parking citation, please contact our office.
How to Make An Appeal
- Go to myparking.msstate.edu and login using your NetID and Net Password.
- Select the "Citations" tab and the citation in which you intend to appeal.
- Provide all the requested information and submit the appeal. Once you have correctly filled out the information, you will be notified that the appeal has been submitted successfully.
- The appeal board will then make a decision based on all of the information and the decision is communicated via e-mail.
- For student appeals, a $5 appeal processing fee is charged if the appeal is denied by the board.
|Parked in Handicap||$200|
|Parked on Landscape/Grass||$150|
|Parked in Gated/Service Space||$150|
|Obstruction Vehicle/Pedestrian/Bicycle Way||$150|
|After Hours Boot Removal||$150|
|Unpermitted Vehicle||$50, 100, 100 + Boot|
|Not Parked in Designated Parking Space||$50|
|Fire Hydrant/Fire Lane||$50|
|In a Reserve/Exclusive Space||$50|
|Out of Zone||$30|
|License Plate Not Visible||$30|
|Parking Facing Wrong Way/Left to Curb||$30|
|Disregard Traffic Control Device||$150|
|No Driver's License||$100|
|Wrong Way on a One Way||$100|
|Failure to Yield||$100|
|Driving on Sidewalk/Grass/Restricted Area||$100|
|Disregard for Sign & Direction Indicator/ Other Unlawful Direction Command||$50|
|Disregard for Crosswalk||$50|